Monday, June 16, 2008

Exploration

My kids, like most others, love to explore. One of their most exciting adventures is "Creature
Hunting". They have these clear plastic containers that they received in their kids meals at Whataburger during one of our family outings.
The container has air holes and a magnifying glass lid so that they can observe their finds. Generally they will ask their daddy but occasionally they will ask me or just go alone.
On this occasion My daughter ventured out by herself and asked me to take a picture of her find when she returned. She was very excited, this particular grasshopper was very difficult to catch. Not to mention she did it with her bare hands as well. She had very good reason to be proud of herself.
I wanted to get a good close up of her find because I wanted to make sure it was a clear image so she could look at it and recognize it. So I went for a macro shot. Not too close so you could see her in the background but not far enough away that you couldn't see why she looked proud of herself so this is what I came up with.
Not only can you clearly see her prize but you can see her proudly showing off what she worked so hard to catch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How nice!
One of my favorite shots of my youngest sister (she's five) is of her holding a frog she caught. She's smiling so proudly! :-)